About this test
The Kandio Method
Kandio’s assessment tests let you assess the candidates, employees, agencies or freelancers you have concerning any SEO tasks that you might have.
Remember that Kandio offers guidelines on which programmers to proceed with, and which ones to discard. Kandio will give you reliable directions about things programmers should know about, but a programmer can be excellent, even if he does not know about all of these things.
We suggest that you use our tests before your interview process to know which ones actually to talk to. The final Kandio report should be a piece of conversation with the strong candidates, rather than a disqualifying process in a late stage interview process.
The two parts of SEO, and how we test
You can divide search engine optimization into two main categories:
- Off-page SEO. All the different things and strategies that resides off your actual webpage such as blog mentions, link building among others.
- On-page SEO. Which includes the actual way to structure your website in order to have search engines to “like” it.
This test considers only On-page SEO.
So why do we do it this way?
Off-page SEO considers too many subjective opinions and strategies for an actual assessment test, and many strategies don’t offer transparent rules to obtain the actual search engine ranking.
We might include certain Off-page topics at a later point, if we find that employable candidates should know about certain Off-page strategies, thus it becoming industry standard.
A person being good in one strategy, or a certain part of Off-page SEO, doesn’t mean that he necessarily would benefit your rankings in the long run, as strategies (if misused) can be very damaging to the site’s ranking as well.
On the contrary, On-page SEO offers a very transparent and specific set of rules which are clearly documented by all search engines including Google.
If your candidate knows his way around these rules, it would be very likely that he also knows about off-page SEO as well, since one can’t function without the other.
How would you use this test?
This test has several use-cases.
- Assess SEO agencies and their respective specialists within their field, and know about their SEO capabilities.
- Test HTML developers’ knowledge about SEO
- Assess possible future employees to see if you should qualify or discard them.
- Test freelancers and other marketers. Ranking companies in the top of Google is the new black. And it can be hard to distinguish quality work from damaging strategies. This could give you a hint, if you should work with a certain person.
Which areas do we assess in this test?
- Technical SEO
You’ve discovered the right place. I’m Søren Riisager and I help businesses get discovered on the first page of Google with Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is not as easy as it sounds. With algorithms updating regularly, the processes and techniques change faster than you can perfect them. But it doesn’t mean that you can’t hire the perfect SEO expert to boost your rankings. I’m Søren, and I compiled two decades of experience into an On-Page skill assessment test for Kandio.
I’ve been on the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) ride since 1997 and has never stopped ever since. With over two decades of experience in SEO, my goal has remained the same: bringing anything to the first page on Google.
Being a result based SEO specialist, I made a significant amount of tangible achievements. See a few of them here.
2019Reached my 100th keynote
Apr 11 - PresentIBC Innovation factory
kurser.ibc.dkLecturer - Advanced SEO
94% of all questions our support receives, can be answered in the below FAQ